Saturday, October 11, 2003

Review from Oklahoma Punk Scene Dot Com Issues #5

From "Thrash 'Til Death" By Tim Wolfenbarger, from Oklahoma Punk Scene Dot Com Issue 5 at: http://www.oklahomapunkscene.com

MOCKINGBIRD LANE - 2003 Demo CD

 Well, the cats from this band told me that they'd have me beaten up by 14 year old girls if I didn't give this a good review so surely I'm tempted to pan this but... First two tracks are an electric and acoustic version of the song "Taken Under." Both sound totally like LOU REED + surprisingly the acoustic version is superior due to both treatment and recording. Then we got a cover of the MISFITS "She" as well as two MISFITS-esque originals "I...Vampire" and "Wolfshead" So, I'd say that this is like the MISFITS with LOU REED singing which ain't bad even if it is a bit trite. My main complaint is the guitar tone which sounds like a crappy peavey. Yet, I get a feeling of authenticity + these guys seem to have a lot of heart so I'd like to catch 'em live.

MOCKINGBIRD LANE POBOX 3084, Shawnee, OK 74802

No comments:

Post a Comment