Monday, January 23, 2006

Review from Black Angel Promotions

World Horror Network Presents:
The Horror Of It All
[Vol. 1]
Comp CD

By: T.J.

The World Horror Network has released its first compilation album entitled "The Horror of it All". This album contains 18 monstrous tracks. Some of the bands you will know, others you won't, but that's half the fun of it is experiencing new music and new bands. So without further a due, ghouls and goblins, THE HORROR OF IT ALL!

Calabrese-"Back Seat of my Hearse": Honestly, I've never been a big Calabrese fan, but dammit, this is a really good song. I'm impressed and it's easy to see how the brothers have grown since the Midnight Spook Show days.

Dead on Revival- "Zombiefuck": While the sound quality isn't great, it's still a pretty decent tune. It reminds me of some old school Dead Kennedy's stuff.

Monster Squad-"Psycho De Mayo": This is a really fun and campy song. You can tell the guys had a really fun time making this song and it shows. Great stuff.

TFMU-"Headless Children": Starting off with a palpitating heart, this song encompasses a really strong horror feel to it. It's a song you could easily place in a Friday the 13th movie while Jason's on a killing spree and it would be perfectly in sync with the bloody murders!

Creepersin-"Bleed for Me": What a great band and tune. Just envision you're up at lover's lane getting ready to do the dirty deed and someone smashes out the back window and drags you kicking and screaming out of the car and takes you into the woods to kill you. Well, I think it would make for a great video anyway.

Horror of 59-"Graveyard Beyond the Woods": Personally, my favorite track on this comp. It's really good horror rock with good sound quality and just an amazing feel to it. I can't wait to hear a full length album from these guys!

Ecto-1-"Lilitu": One of the most talented horror rock bands out there, with one of their trademark songs. "Lilitu" is amazing. I love the bass breakdown near the end of the song. Check these guys out. While this is a great song, it's only the surface of how much these guys rock!

Left for Dead-"Night of the Living Dead": This is another fun horror rock song. The entire song is put together very well and the backing vocals are really good. Overall, this is a really good song.

Sugarpuss-"Into the Grave": Ok. The music is pretty good. The vocals on the other hand are hard for me to swallow. They're screechy and annoying. This song is a toss up for me, so I don't know if I like it or not.

Fuse-"Sugar and Lies": I dig this tune. Would I call it horror, probably not, but that doesn't take away the fact that it's a good song.

The Corpsemaker-"Eternal Damnation": The intro is clever and the bass sounds like "Where Eagles Dare" era Misfits and some guitar riffs sound like "I Love Rock N' Roll". But other portions of the song make me want to skip to the next track. It sounds kind of like a sampler song with different portions of different songs from different artists. I wouldn't have put this on the compilation.

Saturday Night Shockers-"Please Don't Tell Me": If grunge and horror were to meet, I'd have to say these guys would be at the top of the list. This song has its own feel to it and I enjoy it thoroughly.

Mockingbird Lane- "Dead Girls Don't Say No": This song makes me laugh. It's almost like they're mocking horror rock. Just for the fact it's not very creative lyrically. I like the music, but the lyrics have got to go!

The Abominations-"Sweet Fire": With this song, it sounds like the band has some real talent. Again, I just don't think I would consider this horror.

Others-"People": Goddamn this is a really good song! But then again, it's the Others, so that was a given.

DieMonsterDie-"Guns N' Booze": These guys have a really strong fan following in the horror rock community, but I'm not a part of it. Again, the music is pretty good, but the lyrics just annoy me. The over use of the line "Guns N' Booze" really gets on my nerves.

The Devil Bats-"In Time": I like the raw guitar sound and the choruses are very good. I've never heard of these guys, but now I'm glad I have!

The Afterdarks-"From Dusk Till Dawn": This is a really clever song. It's a great song that tells the story of a woman who will suck you dry of your blood! I enjoy the sound and it's a bit different in its own respects from the other tracks. Great note to leave the album on.

www.worldhorrornetwork.com

No comments:

Post a Comment